Posted 12 November 2015
The 2015 TLI Cycling Annual General Meeting and National Management Committee Meeting were held last weekend and the following changes to the rules and regulations were agreed as follows:-.
• Day members will no longer be able to compete in any road race, time trial or other event taking place on the public highway. Events of this type will from now on only be open to full annual members. Day members may still compete in closed circuit races and off-road events upon the discretion of the organiser.
• The age category rules for all under-16 age groups have been modified so that a rider's category is based upon their year of birth rather than their age on the day of an event.
• Safety guidance regulations have been added to discourage unsafe riding practices in races. Riding with both hands off the bars, or adopting unsafe riding positions can now result in disqualification from a race.
• The rule forbidding the use of 'disk' brakes in road races and circuit races is extended for a further 12 months.
• Their are no changes to membership fees. Annual membership fees for those over 18 years of age remains at £10. Under 18's will continue to enjoy free membership.
The annual reports of the National Secretary and the National Treasurer are available on the 'Downloads' page of this website.